I spoke about the foods I eat in a previous post (The Paleo Actor) and I think it’s time I start sharing a little more, so fortnightly alternating between my acting blogs I will be introducing a blog all about food and health. In the food blog I will be posting recipes and alternatives to some of our foods that we just can’t seem to give up. I will also have my sister co-writing as some of the recipes she has come up with have become some of my favorite foods, this will all be featured in this blog.
I want to start this blog with an easy recipe, here is our verson of:
PALEO BANANA BREAD
- 2 Large ripe bananas
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil. Softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, whole orchopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C.Line a 1.5L loaf pan with baking paper.
- Inabowl, mash 2 bananas in a bowl add maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and bicarb soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk, room temperature eggs then add coconut oil untilcombined.(make sure there are no lumps of coconut oil, if there is mix till all combined)
- Combine coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder in a bowl.
- Fold banana mixture into egg mixture, then fold in the flour mixture and nuts.
- The batter will become thick as the flour will begin to absorb the liquids. (it will not be like a regular cake mix consistency)
- Spread batter into baking pan. Press in a handful of walnuts into the batter once smoothed down. Bake for 45 -50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into thecentrecomes out clean. And top is Golden Brown
- Allow to Cool for 30 minutes in the pan before removing it.